- This event has passed.
Meeting of the Minds
June 2, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Please join the Minnesota Theater Alliance for a casual happy hour and conversation:
Sunday, June 2, 2019
4:00 – 5:30 PM *
MN Opera Rehearsal Spaces
620 N 1st St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Wine + light snacks provided.
* We can tell that folks are excited to get out on this lovely summer weekend, so we are adjusting our timetable to accommodate that!
Please join us from 4:00 – 5:30 PM for a casual happy hour and conversation. This event is intended to gather folks interested in conversation and brainstorming around current themes in our community. Take-aways may include: solutions to ongoing challenges, unexpected connections and collaborations, resource and tool sharing, and even more questions! Topic(s) will be decided by the folks in the room. Everyone who is a performing arts practitioner is invited!
+ + + + +
Some possible topics suggested by the community:
- How are theaters incorporating climate change realities in to programming or activities?
- Budgeting/Goal-setting/Revenue-generating to pay artists or increase artist pay
- Sharing admin staff, or co-op style administration/back office activities. Would it work? How would it work?
- Individual Agency: advocating for myself without losing work
- Work/Life Balance, including managing pay and time off
- Rehearsal/performance space: Lack of space & quality of space (unsafe or dilapidated spaces)