Join us this year on the beautiful campus of St. Olaf College, in the lovely small town of Northfield for three days of connection, workshops, and in-depth conversations.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Minnesota Theater Alliance Statewide Theater Conference (MTASTC) is an annual gathering of performing arts leaders, practitioners, artists, and volunteers from across the state that provides space for learning, conversation, celebration, and connection.
MTASTC attendees reflect a broad range of Minnesotas performing arts individuals and organizations including various budget sizes (from <$10K to $15 million+ annually), models (professional, community, presenting, educational, and hybrids), types (theater, comedy, opera, musical theater, improv, storytelling, and dance), and community sizes (rural, remote, urban, and suburban.)
Please join us for workshops, keynotes, conversations, and camaraderie! This conference is an opportunity for the Minnesota performing arts community to learn from and with each other.
Subject to slight changes
Saturday, June 13, 2020
- 7:30 AM – 5:15 PM ADD ON: Pre-Conference Bus Tour
- 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM Opening Happy Hour + Keynote
- 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM Social Activities
Sunday, June 14, 2020
- 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Keynote
- 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM Breakout Sessions
- 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Lunch
- 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM Breakout Sessions
- 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM Happy Hour & Plenary Session
- 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Dinner
- 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM Social Activities
Monday, June 15, 2020
- 7:30 AM – 9:15 AM Breakfast
- 9:15 AM – 9:30 AM Open Space Introduction
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Open Space Conversations
Registration price includes conference keynotes, plenary sessions, breakout sessions, and meals. A pre-conference bus tour of SE Minnesota is available as an optional add-on. Registration rates do not include lodging, though we highly recommend staying in the affordable on-campus dorm housing during the conference. Please see lodging information below.
Members Only Presale (February 10 – February 15, 2020)
- Member Rate: $225
- Member Group Rate (4+ from a member organization): $180
Early Bird Registration (February 16 – May 11, 2020)
- Member Rate: $245
- Member Group Rate (4+ from a member organization): $200
- Non-Member Rate: $295
Regular Registration (May 12 – June 8, 2020)
- Member Rate: $275
- Member Group Rate (4+ from a member organization): $245
- Non-Member Rate: $345
ADD ON: Pre-Conference Bus Tour pre conference: $50
Saturday, June 13, 2020; 7:30 AM – 5:15 PM
Join us for a tour of SE Minnesota, including stops at some of the region’s awesome venues and companies. Our tour will depart from and return to St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN. Stops include Red Wing, hosted by the Sheldon Theatre; Winona, hosted by Great River Shakespeare Festival; and Rochester, hosted by Absolute Theatre and Immersion Youth Repertory Theatre (including a visit to the Rochester Shakespeare Festival!) Bus tour ticket includes coffee & pastries, a boxed lunch, and admission to the Rochester Shakespeare Festival.
Accessibility accommodations for the bus can be reserved. Please request as early as possible.
Is your membership expired or current? Have you been meaning to join, but haven’t gotten around to it yet? If you show up on this page, your membership is current. If you don’t see yourself here, time to renew or join the Theater Alliance!
It is highly recommended to stay in the on-campus dorm housing for the duration of the conference. This year, lodging is separate from conference registration rates. Please review the following rates, and reserve your on-campus dorm lodging during registration.
- Double occupancy three nights (6/12 – 6/15): $117 per person
- Single occupancy three nights (6/12 – 6/15): $149 per person
- Double occupancy two nights (6/13 – 6/15): $78 per person
- Single occupancy two nights (6/13 – 6/15): $100 per person
Two night minimum, no single night lodging available at dorms. All rooms have Twin XL beds, and include linens, towels, pillows, blankets, and microwave/fridge in each room.
If you select Double Occupancy, please specify your roommate. Your roommate should register separately using this form, and list you as their roommate. Couples who would like to room together should select Double Occupancy.
(If you have previously registered and need to make changes to your lodging requests, please email Hannah@mntheateralliance.org)
In need of a ride, or have seats to spare? Find or offer a ride by joining our carpool list!
WANT TO BE A CONFERENCE PRESENTER?
The Minnesota Theater Alliance is seeking breakout session ideas, as well as short presentations and/or performances for “My MN Performing Arts” — a plenary session, for the fourth annual Statewide Theater Conference, which will take place June 13 – 15, 2020 in Northfield, Minnesota. The deadline for submitting proposals is 11:59 PM on Friday, March 20, 2020.
This year, we welcome proposals around the following areas of focus:
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility, including anti-racist practices, gender equity, and accessibility for audiences and artists
- Health, Safety, and Wellness, including physical and emotional safety, mental health, and workplace culture
- Organizational Sustainability, including financial leadership, board governance, organizational structures, and evaluation
- Connecting Performing Arts Across The State, including rural/urban solidarity, tourism, partnerships, and cross-sector collaboration
Please review the guidelines and submit your proposals below:
- Breakout Session Idea Submission Guidelines
- Breakout Session Idea Submission Form
- “My MN Performing Arts” Submission Guidelines
- “My MN Performing Arts” Submission Form
WANT TO BE A CONFERENCE SPONSOR?
If you are excited to learn more about sponsorship, you can email us to start that conversation. We would love to work with you to support the conference, and help you connect with a great group of performing arts practitioners!